Procedures, Terms & Conditions and Privacy
Working with us is simple, highly productive and stress-free. Why? Because we adhere to a set of carefully considered and clearly defined procedures, terms and conditions.
Contact us anytime for more information. We’ll respond quickly and gladly answer any questions you have about Hazel Key Inc.
This step of the job demands close attention and patience for a quality outcome. Making sure we understand your business is our aim here; understanding your objectives and goals as well as the scope of the project is crucial before starting work.
Below is a fillable form with the essential questions you need to answer. They give great insight into your business and it’s direction.
You can complete the form online right away or call us now. When you’re done just follow the instructions at the end of the form. We’ll be in touch with you without delay to discuss your needs and arrange your free consultation. For maximum insight you could read our article about niche marketing before answering the questions.
We’ll prepare a quote including a detailed Scope of Work based on your briefing and (where applicable) the result of the health check we conducted on your current website as part of our terms and conditions. Our quote is based on the number of days we estimate we’ll need to accomplish everything you’ve told us you want to achieve. If you change your mind and add, for example, extra pages or templates or even add new functionality, that won’t be a problem. You will be charged at our usual rate. If there are materials (notes, copy, images, video, logos, etc.) needed for use in completing the work which we have not sighted and been able to assess for suitability, the quote could be subject to variation.
A face-to-face meeting might be arranged at this point (that’ll depend on several factors, including the scale and complexity of the work involved).
It’s standard practice in this industry to require a deposit before starting work and, unless noted otherwise in the quote the deposit will constitute 30% of the full fee. As soon as the quote is accepted and your invoice for the deposit paid, we’ll agree on a completion date with you and start work. The quote will be valid for 30 days.
At certain stages throughout the project, we’ll share the work we’ve completed to date with you, and ask for your documented approval before proceeding.
We use a proofing interface that runs on WordPress allowing you, the client to make comments and request amendments directly on screen. It saves a great deal of time, confusion, and therefore stress. Assuming the amendments are in-line with the original brief and the Scope of Work, two rounds of revisions can be made without extra cost to you. If the amendments differ from the brief, we’ll discuss the changes with you and provide a quote for the additional work.
Websites and their hosting infrastructure are complex; many factors need to be aligned for a site to work correctly. It can become more complex when we’re upgrading an existing site which may involve working with out-of-date software, cause hosting plan limitations or other hidden problems introduced by your previous developer.
For this reason we can perform a detailed Site Health Check, usually before quoting. We will take every precaution when working on your your site but cannot be held responsible for problems not revealed by our Site Health Check which have an impact on the functioning and/or completion date of the project. These problems may include but not be limited to hosting and security certificate and domain name issues.
You will need to provide us with administrator-level passwords and usernames for your hosting and website.
- You should read, ask questions and be sure you fully understand before accepting the quote and the proposal, including our payment terms outlined in the quote.
- Our quote is based on you, the client providing all visual content for the project unless otherwise stated in the quote.
- If you’ve provided materials (notes, copy, images, video, logos, etc.) for use in completing the work, please ensure they’re suitable for the job (please check with us if you’re not sure) and that you have the legal right, approvals and authorisation to use them before making them available to us. When you do provide such content we’ll assume you have the appropriate permissions to use them.
- You will need to disclose full details of any email form handling, shopping cart or other custom scripts. This is particularly important if you have elected for us not to carry out the website health check.
- We can assist with domain name changes but are not responsible for failure to transfer.
Cancellation or Variation
- You can cancel the project at any time but if we’ve already started work, we will retain the deposit.
- You will need to accept the work or notify us of amendments within 14 days of delivery. After 14 days, unless otherwise agreed with us we’ll assume the work is accepted and your payment will be due.
- If the project extends beyond 30 days, we’ll invoice you for the work already completed.
- For large projects spanning more than 30 days, we’ll ask for staged payments. The details will either be laid out in the quote or will be discussed with you as the work progresses.
Copyright and Ownership
Until you’ve paid us in full, the copyright for our work belongs to us. Once paid, copyright ownership is as follows:
- Copywriting – you, the client become the copyright owner unless otherwise agreed.
- Logo Design – you, the client become the copyright owner unless otherwise agreed.
- Infographics, Graphic Design, Photography, Illustration and any visual work other than logo design – Copyright ownership remains with the original creator of the work. Payment for the work licenses you to use the material in the manner agreed by the brief. If you want to make changes to the material you’ll need to refer either to Hazel Key Inc., or the creator of the work beforehand. Copyright ownership for visual material can be purchased for a fee between 150 and 300% of the original commissioning fee.
Payment of Our Invoice
Invoices become due on the date they are issued. Invoices are issued when approval for the completed work has been given by the client, or when 5 working days have lapsed since delivery of the work without notification of amendments from you, the client. Invoices are due for payment whether or not the work has been sub-contracted to Hazel Key Inc. and irrespective of whether payment has been received from the recipient of the final work. If an invoice remains unpaid 7 days beyond the due date, compounding interest will be applied daily to the full amount outstanding at a rate of 10% per annum.
Sometimes in the course of a job, it’s necessary to commission an illustrator, developer, printer or photographer with whom we’ll liaise to complete the work. Sometimes we will ask you to pay that subcontractor directly for the work, but we’ll advise you of that in the quote.
We guarantee all our work but we can’t guarantee that the functions contained in any web page templates or in the completed website will always be error-free, and so we can’t be liable to you or any third party for damages, including lost profits, lost earnings or other incidental, consequential or special damages arising out of the operation of or inability to operate this website and any other web pages, even if you have advised us of the possibilities of such damages.
Hazel Key Inc’s terms and conditions are subject to the governing laws of the state of Queensland, Australia.